Phones are bulky gadgets. They’re also a source of distraction when it comes to your kids. You might not want to give your kid or teenager a smartphone but also want to keep a tap on them while you’re away. Smartwatches might be the gadget for your purpose.
This watches have a calling system and GPS. You can track your kids from anywhere. As all of them have a SIM slot, these are stand-alone watches with no requirement for phones at all. Some of these are for adults too. These help you in your workout, work, and many more activities for stop come, let’s check out the best watches for the purpose.
Best Smartwatches for Video Calling in 2023 :
1. Ticktalk 4
This is an advanced 4G LTE smartwatch for the kids. This is basically for the age group 5-12 age group and combines both video and voice calling. This watch also supports in-app messaging, and location tracking, and keeps you connected with your kids in every way the phone does. The brand provides a free SIM card with subscription for an affordable price. The watch is kid-proof, drop-proof, shockproof, and also water-resistant. This watch is perfect for your kid as it has all the risk-avoiding factors that your kid could bring to a watch.
- The watch is an in-built GPS.
- Emergency SOS contacts are available.
- Video plus voice calling is available.
- It is more than 20 parental controls.
- Dual 5MP cameras for photo and videos.
- Has an activity tracker.
- Encrypted end-to-end in-app messaging is present.
Pros & Cons
2. UOTO 4G
This watch not only has voice and video calling but also a pedometer to it. It is also favorable for your kid as it has anti breaking design which is perfect if your kid is rough with gadgets. There’s also a real-time locator placed in the watch which lets you locate your kid. Your child can also call through the watch as it has a two-way calling system.
- It has a 600 mAh built-in rechargeable battery.
- Facial video calling and voice chat are available.
- Two recording systems are present and an SOS emergency function is available.
- Flash mode and do not disturb mode are present.
Pros & Cons
3. PTHTECHUS 4G
This is an amazing watch at an affordable price for 4 to 15 years old boys and girls. It comes in three colors blue, pink, and black. The material of this watch is plastic and silicon and has a 650 mAh battery. It has a screen size of 1.4 inches and a touch screen. The watch languages include English and more. It also has networks 4G, 3G, and 2G. It is a fantastic watch that has GPS, LBS, and Wi-Fi positioning and lets you see your kid’s location up to 100 meters when in indoor environment GPS mode, 0.3 to 4 miles when in LBS mode and invite Wi-fi mode the watch will identify light self and perform positioning.
- This watch has a 4G Wi-Fi connection.
- The watch has all the three: Voice chat, Video chat, and 3-way calling.
- It is accompanied by a photo album and an HD camera.
- It has features like for flashlight, alarm clock, pedometer, do not disturb, find watch, and remote voice monitoring plus a remote camera.
- It is IP67 waterproof.
Pros & Cons
This watch is mainly for adults. It has a 2.41 inches screen size and GPS. It is compatible with smartphone & androids. It is suitable for men, women, and kids. It has a dual camera with an 8.0 MP camera in front and a 2.0 MP side camera. It is a very convenient watch for your daily work as it is 1GB RAM and 16GB ROM or more according to the price and a low-power processor. With this huge screen comes its plus points like playing games, watching new movies, listening to music, and even taking online courses on your wrist. The watch is compatible with iOS 9.0 and Android 5.1 and above along with a 4G global network frequency band that supports Vo-LTE HD voice calls.
- It has 2 working modes. When a SIM card is added, it turns into a phone and can work like a watch when connected to a smartphone via Bluetooth.
- It has a long-lasting 2000 mAh large capacity rechargeable battery close up the battery is charged by USB magnetic charging.
- The watch supports a Nano-SIM card.
- It also has a waterproof scale of one IP67 and multisport mode.
- 4G global network frequency band available.
- The watch allows call messages and notification reminders.
Pros & Cons
This is yet another watch for adults with the world’s first. The watch runs with the Android 10 operating system. It also has an internal storage of 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM which is huge for a smartwatch. The watch is over 1000 personalized watch faces so you can please any of them according to your style. It also has 4G LTE global bands along with long battery life. It is worth the price if you as an adult and looking for a watch that could replace your phone. It is super features like face unlock for safer and faster unlocking of your smartwatch and 12nm empower efficient processor to make the functionality of the whole watch faster.
- It has an 830 mAh battery.
- It comes with a ceramic bezel and premium design including all the apps on your phone.
- It is what you 4G global band connect anywhere and an IPS full round display.
- You can go to live video calls to this watch.
Pros & Cons
This watch comes with a clock phone, HD touch screen, call, SOS, music player, games, and many more features. The watch is mainly for kids of age group 4 to 12 and generally comes in colors pink, black, and blue. It also has a two-way calling system and cameras. The watch includes three alarm clocks. You could go for this watch if you have an extremely low budget for the watch. It doesn’t come with many features.
- The watch is accompanied by three alarm clocks, 10 contacts, a calendar, calculator, timing data, in silent profile, call log, and wallpaper.
- It also has seven games, two-way calling, 5 country languages, and SOS.
- You can talk via this watch just by adding a micro-SIM card to it.
- The display is a 1.54-inch touch screen in full color.
Pros & Cons
This watch from TOPUSER has cellular connectivity technology along with GPS and many other favorable features. This is yet another watch you could give your kids and keep up with them at the same time. The watch functions fairly without a phone. It has an anti-lost GPS tracker and chooses real-time location keeping historical route tracks. You can also set a safe area centering around the watch when your kid is wearing it so the watch can automatically raise an alarm to your phone if your kid gets out of the area.
- The watch has functions like real-time GPS position, phone call, video call, SMS, call voice chat, camera, photo album, phone book, alarm clock, transfer, safety pens, pedometer, and historical route.
- The phone has 4G GPS mode and an anti-lost GPS tracker.
- It has geo-fence and SOS calls.
- The watch is waterproof and has a lithium metal battery cell.
Pros & Cons
Things to consider before buying a smartwatch with video calling:
- The watch should have 4G connectivity,
- The watch should have stable cameras.
- The watch should have an in-built microphone & speakers and calling capability.
- If you are buying a watch for your kid then you need to look for parental controls.
- The watch should also have GPS to locate your kid.
- The watch should be made of biologically hazard free materials.
Are watches with video calling good?
Some of them function perfectly, while you might face problems with others.
Is a dual-camera necessary for video calling in a smartwatch?
Is a 4G connection necessary for video calling via smartwatch?
Yes, the watch needs to have a SIM slot and a 4G connectivity to work cellularly.
Can a smartwatch with video calling replace a phone?
It might not have all the features that a phone does but it has the minimal requirement to replace a phone.
Since these watches are mainly bought by parents for their kids, make sure to look for the durability of the watches. As kids are playful, there are also chances that they may lose the watch. I would recommend buying a watch with GPS and self-tracking or going for cheaper options.
As for adults, you could go for the Refly watch if you need one urgently and within a budget.