A smartwatch has many features. The always-on display is another one of them which is a useful feature mainly during stressful situations, when you are busy or your hand is occupied.
Why do you need the Always-on Display Feature?
The feature lets you see the time and the display at all times without you having to touch any button or touch your screen or raise your wrist for facing unlocking. In most of the watches carrying this feature, it is optional for use because of their huge battery consumption.
Let’s look for the best watches accompanied by these features and various price ranges.
9 Best Smartwatches with Always on Display Feature in 2023:
1. Fitbit Sense
This watch has all the lucrative features at a reasonable price. It senses your temperature and manages your stress along with monitoring your sleep and heart rate. It supports applications like weather, sleep monitor, command reminders, Voice Assistant, Alexa, phone, GPS, and heart rate monitor. It’s compatible with smartphones iOS and Android and is also accompanied by a wireless Bluetooth connection and GPS. It has a built-in microphone and speakers. This watch tracks the temperature only at night time.
- The watch can assist your heart with atrial fibrillation.
- Special features include a time display, sleep monitor, GPS, notifications, and heart rate monitor.
- The watch has an on-skin temperature sensor.
- The watch has 50-meter water resistance.
- The watchers feature like text, call and app notifications, store and music play, hundreds of apps, and clock features.
- It has built-in GPS, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant.
- It is an ECG app and gives low and high heart rate alerts.
Pros & Cons
This watch is mainly for health and fitness. The watch also comes with an always-on display and its 50-centimeter water resistance which lets you take the watch for swimming and also watch the display while on water too. The watches are of modern style and have a battery life of six days and more. The watch lets you track your time at light, deep, and REM sleep. Internet storage for storing and playing music and podcasts on Deezer or Pandora is also present. This smartwatch puts motivation on your wrists and gives you numerous sports modes helping you reach your workout goals.
- The watch supports applications like weather, sleep monitor, reminders, Voice Assistant, Alexa, phone, GPS, and heart rate monitor.
- It also has special features accompanying like time display, emails, and text messages, an alarm clock, and notifications.
- It tracks heart rate 24*7 with PurePulse 2.0.
- Has Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa built-in to get quick news, bedtime reminders, and alarms
- The battery life is over 6 days.
Pros & Cons
3. Amazfit T- Rex – Unleash Your Instinct
With a military standard rugged body and long 20 days battery life, please watch is the best for your workout journey. Please watch has an always-on display with GPS and GLONASS enabled please stop it also has a time display, sleep monitor, e-mail, text messaging, GPS, notifications, and heart rate monitor. With a 1.3 each AMOLED display it gives a clear and bright view of the screen. It has a tough appearance and good craftsmanship. The design took account of both strength and practicality making it tough from inside and out.
- It has a 20-day ultra-long battery with a 1.3-inch AMOLED color screen and all the display.
- It is 12 military-grade certifications resistant to the harsh environment.
- High precision GPS and double satellite positioning give you accurate details about locations.
- It has an amazing display even when outdoor and has both outdoor and indoor features.
- 50-meter water resistance.
Pros & Cons
Along with being the most advanced Apple Watch it also has many good features and also a huge price. It supports applications like a fitness tracker, messages, GPS, pedometer, time display, weather, sleep monitor, find my phone, reminders, Voice Assistant, alarm, multisport tracker, elevation tracker, heart rate monitor, and music player. It comes in two sizes 41mm and 45mm. The watches duck and crack resistance hence having incredible durability. You can also store apps due to their great internal storage.
- It is IP6X dust resistance certified.
- It is swim-proof and has WR50 water resistance.
- It is an ECG app and has an emergency SOS.
- It has an always-on display.
- It has international emergency calling and fall detection.
Pros & Cons
5. Fossil Gen 5
This watch has a fitness tracker, GPS speedometer, and heart rate monitor it has 30 meters of water resistance and comes with 1.28 inches of screen size. 3 ATM water resistance gives this improved design thus letting the watch company you while you’re swimming. The watch connects with the Google Play store and has features like automatic time calendar syncing. The battery in this watch has multi-day modes including daily mode, extended mode, time only, and custom mode just letting you save the battery as per your requirement. The contactless payment model lets you pay anywhere at any time without having to carry a wallet or your phone or a card.
- It is wireless Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, phone GPS, and NFC connections.
- This screen has an always-on display option.
- You can wake the screen by button and touch.
- Notifications and previews are sent.
- The key size is 44mm and the band size is 22mm.
- You can control smart home devices.
- Shampoo and have Google fit.
- Wear OS by Google
Pros & Cons
6. Garmin Venu
This watch is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 invest 46.3 gram. There is an optional always-on display mode that you could power on when needed. The battery life is up to 5 days for smartwatch mode and 6 hours for GPS mode with music. It has a fantastic water rating of 5 ATM and can save memory or history of 200 hours of activity data. The watch with many good features and sensors. It even has daily smart features like calendar, weather, control smartphone music, music storage, and many like activity-tracking features, fitness equipment features and also present to help in training, planning, and analysis.
- The watch has an AMOLED always-on mode touch screen color display of 1.2 inches in diameter and a resolution of 390 X 390 pixels.
- The clock features include time & date, GPS time sync, automatic daylight-saving time, alarm clock, timer, smartwatch, and sunrise or sunset times.
- The health monitoring features include heart rate, respiration rate, pulse oximeter blood oxygen saturation, fitness age, body battery energy monitor, all-day stress, sleep, hydration, women’s health, and relaxation reminders.
- There are many sensors including GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Garmin elevate wrist heart rate monitor, barometric altimeter, compass, gyroscope, accelerometer, thermometer, ambient light sensor, and the Pulse Ox blood oxygen saturation monitor.
- The other first features include daily smart features, activity tracking features, gym and fitness equipment features, training, planning & analysis features, running features, golfing features, outdoor recreation, and cycling features.
Pros & Cons
It is 1.28 inches always-on display. The watches are of very affordable price. Along with a sleep monitor, reminder, and heart rate monitor, it is also compatible with android 5.0 and iOS 10.0 and above.
It also has a fantastic battery giving 30 days battery life. The watch is ultra-light with an always-on display that lets you look at the time without having to press any button. It has helpful sleep monitoring features. This watch is best if you are on a budget and want to enjoy many features of your newly bought watch at the same time. Along with all the above features, this watch also helps you assess your health.
- The watch weighs 30gm and has 30 days of battery life.
- It monitors your heart 24/7.
- It has 5ATM water resistance and 14 sports mode.
- It lets you control music along with your exercise.
- It has a wireless Bluetooth connection.
Pros & Cons
It comes in two sizes 42mm and 46mm. It has features like an ECG monitor tracker for health and fitness, running, sleep cycles and GPS for detection. The always-on display mode in this watch is optional as it takes a huge amount of battery when it is on restart the watch also gives body composition and analysis including readings on fat, skeletal muscle, body water, basal metabolic rate, and body mass index letting you know what kind of exercise and diet do you need to do according to the composition analysis. It also tracks your SPO2 levels continuously and your heart rate along with atrial fibrillation, an irregular heart rhythm.
- It has most of the Google services. It has Google Assistant.
- It is a wireless Bluetooth v5.0 connection.
- The main display is 3.04cm super AMOLED glass.
- It has sensors like an accelerometer, barometer, gyro sensor, geomagnetic sensor, light sensor, optical sensor, electrical heart sensor, and bioelectrical impedance analysis sensor.
- It has 16 GB ROM and 1.5 GB RAM.
- It has a battery capacity of 247 mAh and battery life of 40 hours.
Pros & Cons
This watch is made up of a thin and light bezel-less design along with an always-on AMOLED display on it. It connects with wireless Bluetooth connectivity and GPS. The 14-day battery life lets you move on with your life without having to worry about your watch getting shocked down. You can also take this budget-friendly watch for swimming as it is 50 meters water resistance depth.
- It is covered by your 2.5 D curved glass.
- The watch body is made up of aluminum alloy while the glass is of 3D curved glass with oDLC diamond-like carbon coating and the bottom case is made up of a high gloss mirror what’s up.
- It is accompanied by the latest self-developed bio checker 2 PPG optical sensor.
- Has a built-in GPS and an extended battery life of 14 days for typical use in 24 days for basic use.
Pros & Cons
Things To Consider Before Buying A Smartwatch With An Always-On Display
- The battery power, since an always-on display requires a lot of battery.
- The brightness of the watch.
- Resolution of the watch display.
- The battery life of the watch.
- The watch should be waterproof.
Does an always-on display take up more battery?
Yes, it does drain more battery.
Is always-on display optional for use in watches?
In most watches it is optional.
Is the always-on display bad for the screen?
No, it is not.
Does an always-on display cause burn-in?
No, it doesn’t.
The watches present in here are not the only watches with an always-on display. I have listed only the best ones within a huge price range (under $50 – above $500).
If you are looking for a watch with a tight budget, you can go for the Amazfit Bip S Lite. The Fitbit watches and Amazfit watches come at a fair price too and with many features. You can go through my other articles to look for more features of these watches before buying one.