Temperature sensors are one of the most useful features any smartwatches could have. You can detect fevers through it. Especially after a pandemic like COVID-19, that has struck all of us, having a thermometer or alternative directly on your wrist could do magic for you.
But unfortunately installing such a sensor in a watch is a hard task to do. Hence, you won’t get many watches with temperature sensors in them. To make things easier, I have put some of the best smartwatches with temperature sensors on this list. Go forward and look for the one which serves your purpose the best.
Best Watches with Temperature Sensor
1. Fitbit Sense
This amazing watch from Fitbit has made its place in customers’ hearts, with an inbuilt Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant you can use it at any point of time you want to and set alarms to check the weather and do more. You can also get calls, texts, and app notifications right on your wrist without having to check your phone and continue with your life at the same time. No need to worry about your smartwatch switching off all of a sudden as it has 6+ days of battery life with a fast-charging capability. You can charge it for just 12 minutes and have a day full of charge. Exercising with this smartwatch with a temperature sensor is way easier as you get 20 goal-based exercises present in it. You get the most essential apps and can download them on this watch. Paying has been made easy in this watch as you do not need to carry a phone or wallet in retail stores or transit stations as this watch allows you to make contactless payments via Fitbit pay.
- AMOLED and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 display and innovative biosensor core.
- GPS is available.
- An internal microphone is present.
- Heart rate monitoring, sleep monitoring, reminders, Voice Assistant, and phone features are present.
- Has wireless Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity.
Pros & Cons
This smartwatch along with the temperature sensor is a powerful watch for you to carry on your wrist. It comes with multiple features like the other Fitbit watches. Starting from daily readiness, and stress management to built-in GPS and premium membership this watch helps you in your daily work and minimizes the number of devices you need to carry for different purposes. With a vibrant display, this is what gives you heart rate notifications and helps you reach your target heart rate zone while working out. The watch tracks your daily sleep score and gives you silent alarms and smart wakes.
- Has 20 exercise modes.
- Supports photo gallery, sleep furniture, phone, GPS, and heart rate monitor.
- Connects via wireless Bluetooth connection.
- It Shows real-time distance and steps are taken without the GPS on.
- 24/7 heart tracking.
Pros & Cons
3. Amazfit GTS 2e – Where Style Meets Health
This 90-sports mode watch has built-in Alexa in it. It has a Thin and Light Bezel-less design. You do not need to lift your hand or tap the screen to see the time as it has an always-on AMOLED display. The watch comes with high clarity and color and gives the buyer options to choose from different colors of watches. Administers your blood oxygen saturation, monitors your heart rate and there are many more.
- It is covered by your 2.5 D curved glass.
- The watch body is made up of aluminum alloy while the glass is of 3D curved glass with oDLC diamond-like carbon coating and the bottom case is made up of a high gloss mirror what’s up.
- It is accompanied by the latest self-developed bio checker 2 PPG optical sensor.
Has a built-in GPS and an extended battery life of 14 days for typical use in 24 days for basic use.
Pros & Cons
This watch has a 471 mAh powerful battery within a 2.5 D curved glass and a 1.39-inch AMOLED display which is always on. The features of Amazfit GTR 2e are a lot similar to that of GTS 2e. With extended battery life and lightweight, it also comes with a beautiful circular look to it. It monitors your sleep quality and has a Pai health assessment system, blood oxygen saturation measurement, stress level measurement, and 90 built-in sports modes. You can perform voice operations and turn on any sports mode or open the heart rate for monitoring functions which liberates your hands and lets you continue your work without touching the watch screen.
- 12 days battery life for heavy use, 45 days for basic use, and 24 days for typical use.
- 24-hour heart rate monitoring.
- Five ATM water resistance.
Pros & Cons
5. Ticwatch GTH – A Health Partner on Your Wrist
An affordable smartwatch with skin temperature monitoring, blood oxygen monitoring, numerous sports modes, and many other facilities combined to make your money worth the watch. It has a brilliant 1.55-inch high-resolution color display. It tracks even your heart rate and sleeps.
- Battery life is up to 10 days.
- You can get notifications anywhere from incoming calls or text messages.
- A smart reminder feature is present.
- 5 ATM water resistance.
- Extra features like a breathing guide and music control are also given.
- 14 sports mode a present.
Pros & Cons
6. POLAR Grit X
This watch with multi-sport GPS and military-level durability and could be the one for you if you are someone who does a lot of trails running or mountain biking. With a circular 1.2-inch screen size it has a touch screen display and a worldwide map. Battery life is 100 to 168 hours. It has wonderful water resistivity up to 10 ATM or 100 meters. This watch has successfully passed the military-level durability test. The price of this watch differs according to the size you choose.
- The watch raises 64 grams and has up to seven days of battery life.
- It allows real-time turn-by-turn guidance of route and navigation.
- Automatic detection of uphill and downhill routes is done.
- It has a GPS and a barometer, a compass, altimeter, incline, ascent, and descent.
- It helps you plan your routes.
- Gives the weather forecast.
Pros & Cons
This watch has a special Solar-powered multi-sport GPS with a large 1.4 display. The Sun’s energy is used to extend the battery life of the watch as it can capture solar energy. It has a Pulse oximeter and supports advanced sleep monitoring and altitude acclimation at high elevations. It is preloaded with Topo maps, sky maps, and worldwide sky resorts. It is a fine multiple global navigation satellite system like GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo. It is something you could get if you are interested in sports.
- It has built-in sensors for 3 axis compass and a gyroscope barometric altimeter.
- Is accompanied by a battery and LCD.
- It supports Garmin Pay for contactless payments.
- The battery installed provides 21 days of battery life and 15 hours in GPS mode and the solar charging provides extra charge for the device to carry on for a larger number of days.
Pros & Cons
This watch is nanocrystalline ceramic. The ability to perform ECG also gives you classy outdoor workouts. It comes in titanium and ceramic colors. With exquisite craftsmanship, it has athletic features and goals towards health and fitness. It is compatible with iOS and Android. You can also get real-time diving data and airtight safety reminders while swimming.
- It has 100+ Sports modes which include running, cycling, mountain climbing, skiing, and indoor swimming plus many more what’s up
- The facility of ECG analysis is present.
- Smart heart rate monitoring along with real-time alerts are given to keep you aware of your heart condition.
- The watch has PG sensors installed in it.
- The watch takes SPO2 measurements with Huawei TruSeen 5.0 plus heart rate monitoring.
- Fast charging with 14 days of battery life for typical use and 8 days for heavy use.
- Has a 240 mAh battery.
Pros & Cons
This watch comes with a 1.2-inch screen and also gives you a huge storage space to download up to 500 songs so that you would listen to it after connecting a Bluetooth headphone. You can also monitor your workout performance via this watch. The watch shows training stats of anaerobic training. It helps you push your limits & meet your goals. You also get the freedom of customizing the watch face and connecting your watch with your phone via the Garmin Connect app.
- The watch lets you be anywhere at any time via Garmin pay contactless payment solution.
- The watch has Wi-Fi connectivity and smart notifications.
- It has GPS.
- Talks about training and monitoring your heart rate.
Pros & Cons
10. LEMFO TI Watch
The watch has a 2.5 D glass with a rectangular touch screen end of 1.3 inches screen size. The watch comes with a temperature sensor and is of affordable price. It connects with Android 4 and later or IOS 8.2 or above. The watch is of multi-language, so, even though it’s produced from China, you can still use it if you know one of the languages which are installed on the watch.
- The charging game of this watch’s battery is 2 hours.
- The battery is off 240 mAh and has a battery life of five to seven days with moderate use of the sensors.
- The screen resolution is 240 into 240 pixels.
- It is IP 67 water resistance scale.
- It receives notifications of calls or messaging.
- It monitors your heart rate and temperature.
- The display is TFT.
Pros & Cons
11. SENBONO HW07
This watch has a 1.54-inch large screen which allows you to take Bluetooth calls and SOS. The special feature of the watch is that it has a temperature sensor along with a heart rate monitor. Is suitable for Android 4.4 are iOS 8.4. It has a color screen.
- It is wireless Bluetooth connectivity 3.0.
- The resolution of the screen is 240 x 240.
- The method of charging is magnetic suction charging.
- The battery is 200 mAh.
- The full charging time is 3 hours and the battery use time is 3 to 7 days.
- It is multiple watch languages.
- It gives you phone call reminders and push-up notifications. You can also use it for alarms clock reminders
- You can monitor your heart rate, blood pressure, blood oxygen monitor, and sleep monitor.
Pros & Cons
Do the temperature sensors in smartwatches actually work?
Yes, most of them do.
Are the readings of temperature sensor in smartwatches accurate?
They are not as accurate as thermometers. The companies generally advise not to use the readings for medical purpose.
Does the temperature sensors work 24/7?
Not for all watches. For some, it works only while the user is asleep or at night.
How much time does a temperature sensor in smartwatch take to measure my temperature?
From about 10 to 30 seconds. It differs slightly for each watch.
Things you need to consider before buying Smartwatch with Temperature Sensor
- Whether the temperature sensor works only at night during sleep or throughout the day for 24 hours.
- If the temperature sensors read your temperature accurately.
- The cost and the other features are present in the smartwatch.
- Stability of the watch and the temperature sensor.
- How the temperature sensor works.
To Wrap Things Up
The watches mentioned here are of varying prices.
If you are interested in sports and also have a good budget, you can go for the Garmin Fenix 6X Pro. But if you want a 24-hour temperature sensor Ticwatch GTH.
If you have a tight budget, I would suggest you go for the Fitbit watches.