The Oura Ring is a cutting-edge piece of technology in real fitness trackers that allows you to effortlessly track your health and wellness. This ring is available in a variety of fashionable designs and it is effortlessly comfortable to wear all day. Many people only take it off when they need to charge it. This frequently prompts users to inquire, “Whether my Oura Ring is waterproof or not ?” Come on let’s find out!
Can I Shower With My Oura Ring? Is it really Waterproof?
The Oura Ring is a class apart when it comes to wearable fitness trackers. It not only tracks your activity, heart rate, and sleep patterns, but it’s also undoubtedly waterproof up to 330 feet (100 meters). Hence, You can take a shower while wearing your Oura Ring.
It can get wet in the shower, pool, ocean, or gym. There is no need to be concerned about a small amount of water damaging the ring.
Water-Proof Quality and Standard of The Oura Ring
The Oura Ring is water-resistant up to 330 feet (100m). Oura’s water resistance grade is for normal use, which means you can wear it for almost all recreational activities. However, we do not recommend using one‘s ring while scuba diving or submerging it for longer than 12 hours.
The Oura Ring is made of high-quality materials such as Titanium that can withstand contact with water. However, repeated exposure to water can cause the material to degrade over time.
Additionally, the Oura Ring is not intended to track your swimming data. If you’re looking for a waterproof fitness tracker, we recommend checking out our list of the best waterproof fitness trackers.
Things to be Mindful About While Using Your Oura Ring in the Shower
Although the Oura Ring can get wet, there are a few things to keep in mind when using it in the shower, they are as follows:
- Soap is excellent for cleaning your body, but it ultimately ruins the working of your Oura Ring. This is due to the fact that it adheres to the sensors and can cause them to malfunction. It can also prevent them from properly reading the signal emitted by the body. Keep liquid and bar soap away from the ring while showering to avoid this.
- Shampoo and conditioner should be avoided near the Oura Ring for many of the same reasons that soap should. This is due to the fact that, like soap, it can affect the sensors on the ring and soak into it. This can result in inaccurate readings from your wellness and oxygen meters. If shampoo and conditioner are required, it is best to remove the Oura Ring before showering.
- People may be hesitant to bring the Oura Ring into the hot tub while bathing. This is usually due to the fact that hot tubs are so hot that they are afraid the ring cannot withstand such temperatures. Fortunately, the Oura Ring can withstand temperatures from 14 to 129 degrees Fahrenheit. The average hot tub only reaches temperatures of 100 degrees Fahrenheit. This indicates that it is secure.
- Shaving cream can also be harmful to the Oura Ring’s sensors. It is thick and soapy, and it usually leaves a layer of scum behind. This scum can clog the sensors and cause them to malfunction. The scum can be removed with a little water and a soft cloth. To extend the life of the Oura Ring, clean it off after each shower and use shaving cream.
To conclude, since this Oura Ring is so well-designed, it can be worn in the shower and thus withstand water definitely. However, the shower is not the only place where the Oura Ring can act waterproof because of the Ring’s surviving durability in water up to 330 feet deep.
Thus We’ve answered some of the most common questions about Oura Ring’s waterproof features and capabilities in this post. Hope it works for you !
Suggested and Related Posts
1. Should I have to wear my Oura Ring all day?
While you can technically wear your Oura Ring only at night, you may miss out on some useful data. For example, if you only wear it while you sleep, you’ll miss out on information about your activity levels during the day.
2. What is the best finger to wear an Oura Ring on?
For the best performance and accuracy, we recommend wearing your Oura Ring on your index finger. If you’d prefer another, the middle and ring fingers can work as well. Avoid fingers where the base is narrower than the knuckle. The sensor bumps inside your Ring should be on the palm side of your finger.
3. Can you switch fingers with Oura?
Yes, you can move your ring between fingers and hands if you’d like, or ever need to due to changes in finger size. Keep in mind! Our ring sizers are meant to serve as guidelines for selecting your size and are not reflective of the quality and feel of the Oura Ring you’ll receive after updating your order.
4. How long does Oura battery last?
The ring’s battery lasts about seven days, much longer than devices, like the Apple Watch, that needs to be recharged every other day.
5. Can Oura detect COVID-19?
Answer: Oura is not a medical device and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, monitor, or prevent particular diseases or conditions.